< BACK to Awards
New Professional Award
Supporting documentation due February 4, 2020
Updated: November 4, 2019
The New Professional Award will be awarded annually to an individual who has made significant contributions to their institution, the industry and to the Association within a relatively short period of time.
- To encourage more participation in the association and the industry.
- Cross promotion of all association programs - library, committees, mentorship, etc.
- To recognize individuals early in their careers.
- Provide a roadmap for new members.
Award Eligibility Principles
- Award submissions may be self-nominated or nominated by another NACCU institutional member or by a NACCU corporate member.
- Nominee must be a member of NACCU to be eligible.
- Awards Committee members are ineligible for this award while serving.
- Accessible - Encourage nominations by making the requirements less daunting
- Easy - Has merit but easy to apply for
- New - Must be working in the identification or transaction program no longer than 5 years
May be self-nominated or nominated by an individual from another NACCU institutional member, an individual from a NACCU Corporate member, or nominated by the nominee’s institution. A nomination from the individual’s institution should illustrate the nominee’s contribution to the success or enhancement of the program, and may be submitted by a supervisor, faculty, staff, senior administrator, customer of the program, or a department that works with the identification and transaction system program. A letter of support from a colleague must be received with the nomination. Additionally, completion of the supplemental information form is required. If self-nominated, the form should be included with submission. All nominees will be contacted to complete the supplemental information form following the formal nomination process.
All nominees must demonstrate contributions to the industry through a combination any or all of the following:
- NACCU conference attendance
- New Professional Institute (NPI) attendance is preferred but not required
- Contributions to NACCU (please check all that apply):
- CARDtalk contribution
- Committee membership
- Education session moderator
- Education session presenter
- Listserv participation
- Mentorship program participation
- NACCU Near You attendance
- Web conference attendance
- Web content Vault contribution
The Professional Awards sub-committee will determine results for the award based on whether the entry meets the eligibility requirements as well as provided the required supplemental documents. Each entry will be scored using a common scoring method by the full Awards Committee. The Professional Awards sub-committee will collect scoring matrixes from committee members and tally scoring to make a recommendation to the full Awards Committee. The nomination receiving top score will be the recipient recommended to the Awards Committee.
Submit your nomination
< BACK to Awards