This position exists to provide leadership and direction to the Colorado Mesa University MAVcard Office, business services, and general operations within the University Center. The position is responsible for all functions of the MAVcard Office, information desk, and game room, including coordination with administrators and departments to promote the program and provide a service-oriented environment. In addition, this position assists with operational budgets, building security/access control, oversight of the student employment plan, and building emergency procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and maintains necessary controls/procedures for all operations and locations including daily system management, equipment maintenance, and troubleshooting for the MAVcard Office, Information Desk and Game Room.
- Hires, trains, schedules and supervises all University Center MAVcard Office student staff, University Center Building Manager staff and Game Room staff.
- Oversees the information desk business operations including sale of small dollar items, student copying/faxing services, vending payouts, GVT bus pass issuance
- Works in tandem with the Director, University Center in developing an overall customer service model for all University Center student employees.
- Proactively prepares analytics, and reconcile financial/sales reports in conjunction with participating University departments and off campus merchants who partner with the MAVcard.
- Takes the lead in finding solutions to maximize the effectiveness of current office technology and continually researches new and functional technology solutions for the University Center
- Develops and maintains a budget for the CMU MAVcard Office, including marketing, personnel, equipment, and supplies.
- Manages the intake of Summer Camps; reservations, contracts, card access and billing.
- Continues to build relationship with campus bank partner to develop marketing and ensure student banking contract compliance and renewal.
- Serves as the primary point of contact with all hardware and software vendors and is responsible for the renewal of warranties.
- Monitors the usage and troubleshoots issues with copiers within the University Center
- Maintains building head counts and dashboard
- Coordinate with all campus departments that have card applications to assess their needs, equipment placement and installation services.
- Develops appropriate new applications and assists campus departments in planning for future implementation of card uses.
- Develops and implements, in coordination with the University’s marketing department, promotions and marketing for the MAVcard, including maintenance of the MAVcard and University Center websites.
- Recommend and evaluate enhancements to the MAVcard program.
- Assists the University Center Director with special projects and assessments on the changing needs and interests of students and necessary infrastructure to support the appropriate response.
This position reports to the Director of the University Center. This position is responsible for the supervision of student staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Supervisory experience is preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required, with a bachelor’s degree in business or information systems preferred. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is highly desirable. Experience in higher education is preferred, involving student supervision, as well as some familiarity with office procedures, accounting systems (i.e. BANNER), and business software. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are required. Must have the ability to work independently and to implement solutions effectively without direct supervision.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret assessments, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, faculty, administration, regulatory agencies or members of the community. Ability to effectively present information to student groups, management, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in verbal, mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics. Ability to calculate figures and amounts and to apply basic bookkeeping skills in maintaining a balanced budget.
Working knowledge of Banner Accounting System. Working knowledge of databases and website design.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The functions of this job are typically performed in an office environment where the noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
Please apply at https://www.coloradomesa.edu/human-resources/employment.html. Contact Robin Hood, CMU Recruitment Coordinator, at email@example.com or 970.248.1055 if you have any further questions.