< BACK to Awards
NACCU Distinguished Service Award
Terms of Reference
Supporting documentation due February 4, 2020
Updated: November 4, 2019
The Distinguished Service Award is presented annually to an individual who has advanced the industry, exhibited entrepreneurial spirit, is an active member of NACCU, is actively involved in R&D, and who is active in the industry through serving on advisory boards and/or actively educating through presentations and sessions.
- To encourage participation in the association and the industry.
- To recognize individuals who have made significant contributions to their campus, the association and the industry.
Award Eligibility Principles
- Award submissions may be self-nominated or nominated by another NACCU institutional member or by a NACCU corporate member.
- Nominee must be a member of NACCU to be eligible.
- Awards Committee members are ineligible for this award while serving.
- Accessible - Encourage nominations by making the requirements less daunting
- Easy - Has merit but easy to apply for
Nominees may be self-nominated or nominated by their institution, an individual from another NACCU institutional member, or an individual from a NACCU corporate member. At least one letter of support from a colleague who is also a member of NACCU – can be an institutional or corporate member (this will be used in presenting the award to the recipient) must be received with the nomination. Additionally, completion of the supplemental information form is required. If self-nominated, the form should be included with submission. All nominees will be contacted to complete the supplemental information form following the formal nomination process.
All nominees must demonstrate contributions to the industry through a combination any or all of the following:
- Participation in the research and development of identification and transaction related technologies
- Development of solutions that have been shared with the industry
- Membership on advisory boards
- NACCU volunteer
- Other professional association volunteer
- Product testing
- Involvement in industry activity that is above and beyond an individual’s job description
- Demonstrated courage to bring an innovative and groundbreaking spirit to the industry
- Published material
The Professional Awards sub-committee will determine whether the entry meets the eligibility requirements as well as providing the required supplemental documents. Each entry will be scored using a common scoring method by the full Awards Committee. The Professional Awards sub-committee will collect scoring matrixes from committee members and tally scoring to make a recommendation to the full Awards Committee. The nomination receiving top score will be the recipient recommended to the Awards Committee.
Submit your nomination
< BACK to Awards