We invite you to submit a proposal for the 2016 Canadian Campus Card Conference.
We need your great ideas and expertise to offer insightful, professional education sessions to our members. We invite you to submit your education session proposal for the 2016 Canadian Campus Card Conference held at Mohawk College in Hamilton, Ontario.
60 Minute Session – features a speaker(s) with a Power Point presentation and includes time for audience questions and answers. You may also want to coordinate a panel discussion.
Round Table Discussion Facilitator– This is a casual format with no presentation. Attendees are invited to pull up a chair, listen in, and share their thoughts and experiences. This is a great opportunity to engage with your colleagues. Each discussion needs a topic and volunteer leader who is willing to guide the conversation and ensure everyone has an opportunity to participate.
Guidelines for Submissions
● Presentation proposals are due by Tuesday, March 8, 2016.
● Submission of a presentation does not guarantee participation in the program.
● List only those co-presenters who have committed to your presentation.
● Accepted presenters will be notified by the end of March, 2016.
● Institutional members who are the sole presenter in a 60 minute session will receive a $100 registration discount. Institutional members who co-present in a session with other institutional members will receive a $50 registration discount (NACCU reserves the right to limit the number of presenters in a session). There is no discount given for a Round Table Facilitator.
● Corporate members are welcome to submit a presentation proposal; preference will be given to proposals with an institutional led presentation.
● Selected presenters are responsible for all expenses incurred including hotel and travel arrangements, and the registration fee.
● The Education Planning Committee reserves the right to revise presentation titles and edit the session descriptions and speaker biographies for promotional and program publications.
● A/V requirements such as a screen, LCD projector, laptop, sound and microphone will be available onsite.
● Audience appeal
● Educational focus
● Presenter’s experience with proposed topic
● Presenter’s audience feedback from previous NACCU and Canadian Conferences (if applicable)
● Topic relevance for Canadian schools
- Academic year start up (Round Table discussion)
- Access Control Integration
- Assessing campus-wide card technology requirements
- Attendance application
- Card Office Challenges and solutions
- Card Services - laundry, bookstore,
- Contactless cards
- Creating a card office, stages of development
- Data Management
- Equipment pros and cons
- Financial reporting
- Identity security
- Industry developments
- Laundry systems
- Marketing to staff and faculty
- Marketing your Card Program
- Mobile apps
- Off Campus Merchant programs
- Online Photo Submission
- Parking integration
- Recent Implementations/New Uses
- Revenue Generation
- Security of card systems (network, systems, physical)
- Senior Administration buy in and support
- Smaller institutions
- Staffing, no card office on site
- Tax complexities of meal plans, taxable vs. non-taxable food items
- Technology updates
- Transit integrations
- Vendor agreements
To submit a presentation proposal, complete the submission form!
If you have questions or would like to discuss an idea, please contact;
● Marilyn Cossaro, University of Victoria email@example.com
● Tim Griffin, Memorial University firstname.lastname@example.org
● Jörrun Liston, Education Director at 406.493.0622 or email@example.com