You are invited to submit a proposal for
NACCU 2017 at Disney's Contemporary Resort in Orlando!
Each year we ask our institutional and corporate members to present engaging sessions on successful or innovative programs that they would like to share with our members.
Please review the information below, then visit http://naccu2017proposals.questionpro.com/ to complete the online form.
The deadline for proposals is Monday October 3, 2016.
Education Session Types
30 Minute Session – Do you need just a short time to demonstrate a best practice or application? This session will be scheduled concurrently with other short sessions.
60 Minute Session – This traditional session features a speaker(s) with a Power Point presentation and includes time for audience questions and answers. You may also want to coordinate a panel discussion.
60 Minute Gold Corporate Member Session - Each Gold Corporate Member is entitled to present one Education Session. Attendees appreciate and respond more positively to an education session than a sales pitch. Presentations featuring some of your clients, best practices or industry expertise are well received.
Learning Labs - 20 minute sessions held in the Exhibit Hall that focus on specific, innovative and/or new technology developed to solve specific business needs. This is an engaging way to demonstrate a new product, application or discuss how you solved a challenge on your campus. Both institutional and corporate members may participate; collaborations encouraged!
Round Table Discussion Facilitator – This is a casual format with no presentation (and no legal advice). Attendees are invited to pull up a chair, listen in, and share their thoughts and experiences. This is a great opportunity to engage with your colleagues. Each discussion needs a topic and volunteer leader who is willing to guide the conversation and ensure everyone has an opportunity to participate. (This format is not eligible for a registration discount.)
Submission Guidelines and Information
Silver and Bronze Corporate Members
We encourage you to submit a presentation proposal that is educational in nature. You may want to collaborate with some of your clients. Your proposal will be evaluated along with the Institutional proposals.
- New Professional (Beginner)
- Mid-level Professional (Intermediate)
- Senior Professional (Advanced)
Guideline for Submissions
- Presentation Proposals are due by Monday, October 3.
- Each proposal must include at least one presenter who is a NACCU member, institutional or corporate.
- Submission of a presentation does not guarantee participation in the program.
- List only those co-presenters who have committed to your presentation.
- Accepted presenters will be notified by the end of October 2016.
- Selected presenters are responsible for all expenses incurred including hotel and travel arrangements, and the registration fee (less a presenter discount applicable only to institutional speakers).
- Institutional members who are the solo presenter in a 60 Minute Session will receive a $250 registration discount. Institutional members who co-present in a session with other institutional members will receive a $125 registration discount. (NACCU reserves the right to limit the number of presenters in a session.) Institutional members who present a 30 Minute Session or Learning Lab will receive a $125 registration discount. Institutional members who participate in a Gold session or a session where the Coordinating Presenter is a corporate member are not eligible for a registration discount. Round Table discussion leaders are not eligible for a registration discount.
- All presenters must complete a presenter contract in order to be confirmed for a session.
- Presenters who are eligible for a registration discount will receive the code upon receipt of their electronic signed contract. Presenters must use the code at the time of registration; refunds are not available.
- Presenters must submit a biography.
- NACCU reserves the right to revise presentation titles, reassign topic areas and levels, and edit the session descriptions and speaker biographies for promotional and program publications.
- NACCU will provide a screen, LCD projector, and microphone.
- Audience Appeal
- Presentation Focus and Learning Outcomes
- Presenter’s experience with proposed topic
- Presenter’s audience feedback from previous NACCU Conferences (if applicable)
- Topic Relevance
Suggested Topics (categorized by Core Competency )
Administration and Operations
- Best Practices
- Compliance & Regulations
- Customer Service
- Off Campus Programs
- Online Photo Submission
- Policies & Procedures
- Starting a Card Program
- Card Industry Trends
- The Value of the Card System to Its Campus
- Accounting Procedures
- Banking Relationships
- Declining Balance Account reconciliation and controls
- Revenue Sources
- Administration Expectations – what they are and how to meet them
- How to influence and navigate the campus environment
- Stress Management
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Project Management – how to transition from one vendor to another, plan an upgrade, relocate the card office etc.
- Engaging Campus
- Staffing and Training
- Supervising Student Personnel
- Access Control and Integration
- Card Technology – How to select the right one for the campus
- Contactless technology
- Door Access
- Mobile Applications
- Print Management Self-Service Applications
How to submit your proposal
Please visit http://naccu2017proposals.questionpro.com/ to complete the online form.
The deadline for proposals is Monday, October 3.
If you have questions or would like to discuss an idea, please contact Jörrun Liston, Education Director at (406) 493-0622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.