Individual vs. Organization accounts
Let's talk about how member accounts are set up in our new database.
When an organization (a campus or a business) joins NACCU, the organization owns the membership.
Each individual is a sub-account under the main account.
This can be confusing though, because along with the main account comes TWO logins to the website.
You have an organization account, and an individual account, each with its own login.
The primary representative or the person who sets up their organization's membership will receive the login for the organization by email after joining NACCU.
Each individual will receive their individual login information after being added to the database.
Individual profiles are used for:
- event registrations (such as NACCU 2016 registration)
- personal data such as your bio, photos, resume, group memberships, posting in forums, commenting on articles and blogs, making connections with other members, and anything you do as an individual
Organizational profiles are used for:
- membership dues purchase/renewals
- member profile data (coming soon) - this will include data from the Member Profile spreadsheet for institutional members, or Corporate Profiles for corporate members.
- adding, deleting or attaching individual representatives to your organization
Think of it this way - anything that an INDIVIDUAL does is done through your individual account. Would your school uproot itself from the ground and attend the conference? No, let's hope not. So you wouldn't use the organization login to register for the conference.
Just remember to login using your individual account unless you are paying dues, adding or removing individuals, or updating your organization's data and all should be ok.
If you ever need assistance with your login or find yourself confused, you can contact us. There's a link up there at the top of this page (and every page on the site.)